Monday, September 24, 2007

BookMooch!

Absolutely must tell everyone about this one...
I discovered BookMooch just this evening because of one of the feeds I chose for librarians at www.bloglines.com. Free service: list 10 books you are willing to trade and earn points. Earn more points by sending a book to someone. Mooch a book from someone else (costs you 1 point, earns them a point). The ratio is that you must give away at least one book for every 5 you receive. Keep what you want or put it back online when finished to trade it to the next person. Online trading rather than buying! I am definitely going to be signing up this week-end in between homework.

3 comments:

Heather Farley said...

That is the coolest thing! We have a used book store in town called "The Book Exchange" where you bring in your old books and they give you credits toward buying new ones (not new, but new to you). I'm in there at least a couple of times a month to peruse the shelves....maybe I will have to start perusing BookMooch too!

Shane said...

Hi Christine--This is a great concept--one that I have not encountered before. I think it could be rather useful. So much for buying books online as you note, we can simply trade them. I am willing to give it a try! Thanks for sharing.

tgreen said...

Hi. I reall like bloglines.com. It is a great tool!

Tim